Team Cyclops Forums  

Go Back   Team Cyclops Forums > TeamCyclops Discussion > TeamCyclops News

Old 03-03-2011, 11:33 AM
TeamCyclops Staff

Default CycloDS Evolution Firmware v2.2 Released!

CycloDS Evolution Firmware v2.2 has been released for both Evolution and iEvolution and is available for download from the support page.

Changes in this release include:
  • Common
    • Game compatibility fixes (DSi 0120, 5418, 5424, 5435, 5444 and more)
  • iEVO
    • Resolved MicroSD stability issue causing freezing in rare cases
Old 03-03-2011, 11:51 AM

EXCELLENT! Testing right away!

Thanks TC!

-Qtis
Old 03-03-2011, 12:16 PM

TC, can I ask, is the cheat prompt bug being fixed in this version as well?
Old 03-03-2011, 01:08 PM

Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....

For the first time I now am seeing what others reported with the cheats not taking until you restart for the second time!!! I loaded a Clubhouse Games 1.1 version and the codes did not work until I restarted the game with the cheats on. I also checked the 1.0 version of this game where the cheats were already selected and that ran just fine.

Although the restart is really no big deal in most cases...I fear certain games like Castlevania Eccelsia will find the saves deleted when the check sum code does not work as selected in the cheat menu.

TC please look into this.
Old 03-03-2011, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by popochan View Post
Test it? If it doesn't work, it hasn't been updated :P

btw. I guess that this release was more of a game compatibility fix than anything else (iEvo mSD update too).

-Qtis
Old 03-03-2011, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Seems like this guy/gal asks a lot of questions about testing that he/she could do their self. On topic, thanks for the update.
Old 03-03-2011, 02:29 PM

looks like it was the firmware and not the cards.. a lot of bugs i reported are squashed with 2.2 no freeze issues here anymore
Old 03-03-2011, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by impizkit View Post
Seems like this guy/gal asks a lot of questions about testing that he/she could do their self. On topic, thanks for the update.
Oh dear. I simply not risk my work by carry DSL in and test the firmware in my office. I'm just back at home right now, and it's 10 PM already.

Quote:
Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....

For the first time I now am seeing what others reported with the cheats not taking until you restart for the second time!!! I loaded a Clubhouse Games 1.1 version and the codes did not work until I restarted the game with the cheats on. I also checked the 1.0 version of this game where the cheats were already selected and that ran just fine.

Although the restart is really no big deal in most cases...I fear certain games like Castlevania Eccelsia will find the saves deleted when the check sum code does not work as selected in the cheat menu.

TC please look into this.
Sound like it isn't fixed. Well, from now on, just select the cheats then press B back to FW page and start the game. Annoying but you don't have go into the game and the reset/soft reset your DS anymore.

And yes, if I have a look on source code (which I know since the start that it's not open source), I can fix it with a line or two more.

Last edited by popochan; 03-03-2011 at 03:00 PM.
Old 03-03-2011, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Oh dear. I simply not risk my work by carry DSL in and test the firmware in my office. I'm just back at home right now, and it's 10 PM already.
You still can browse forums? Nice job you got, my office has always blocked all forums, facebook, etc :P

Quote:
Sound like it isn't fixed. Well, from now on, just select the cheats then press B back to FW page and start the game. Annoying but you don't have go into the game and the reset/soft reset your DS anymore.

And yes, if I have a look on source code (which I know since the start that it's not open source), I can fix it with a line or two more.
It just seems that this update was mainly for game compatibility. Thus the next firmware may help with issue then. As it isn't really that big an issue (it doesn't make anything not work, just have to do something before they're enable), I doubt it's the first thing TC will fix

-Qtis
Old 03-03-2011, 03:25 PM

Thumbs up

Thanks TC! So glad that you're continuing to support the original CycloDS.

I'm also glad to hear that this update apparently fixes the freezing issues people were having with the iEVO. I've seen a lot of concern over that issue around the net and I'm happy you were able to fix it with an update.